Present Position: Vice Chancellor, (w.e.f 26th March, 2018) West Bengal University
of Teachers' Training, Education Planning and Administration 25/2 and 25/3, Ballygunge
Circular Road, Kolkata-700 019, West Bengal.
Sanskrit College & University ( Additional charge )
Previous Positions Held:-
- Director, Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management, Kolkata .
- Director, Women Studies Research Centre, University of Calcutta .
- Registrar, University of Calcutta .
- Head, Department of Hindi, University of Calcutta .
Total Number of Publications:
- 32 (Thirty Two) Books
- 121 ( One Hundred & Twenty One) Research Articles.
- 15 (Fifteen) Translated books
- 140 ( One hundred Forty) Other research papers published in journals/ research journals of international/ national repute.
- 171 ( One hundred and seventy One) Lectures, Keynote Address, Inaugural
Address, Presidential Address, Chaired Sessions, Presented Paper, Discussions
- 3 (Three) Projects Completed & 2 (Two) Projects Ongoing ( Research areas :
Comparative Literature, Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies)
- Sahitya Akademi Award for Translation, 2013
- Prayag Sahitya Sammelan Samman, 2013
- Meera Smriti Samman, 2014
- ‘Aparajita’, people’s choice award for outstanding contribution in Education,
given by ‘Sanmarg’ & ‘The Telegraph’ jointly, 2016.
- ‘Bhaasha Samman’ from MHRD, Government of India, 2016.
- ‘Raajbhasha Gaurav’ from Central Hindi Secretariat, New Delhi, Government of
India for 2018
- Special Academician Award-2019 for distinguished contribution in the field of
literature and art by Damodar Valley Corporation, Ministry of Power,
Government of India
- Best Educationist Award - 2019 by PC Chandra for distinguished contribution in
the field of education
- Dr. B.R AMBEDKAR GREAT WISDOM GEM AWARD 2020 - for outstanding
contribution in the field of promotion of education and democracy, communal
harmony, inter-religious faith and upliftment of the backward section of world
- SUSWM WORLD PEACE AWARD 2020 - for outstanding contribution in the
field of apostle of peace building, promotion of democracy, inter-religious faith,
communal harmony and massenger of non-violence across the world community.
Visited China in September 2007 as a member of delegation of Indian Writers,
deputed by Govt. of India through Sahitya Akademi under Indo-China Cultural
- Delivered speech in 9th World Hindi Conference at Johannesburg, South Africa in
September 2012 as a member of Indian writers' delegation, sponsored by Sahitya Akademi.
- Visited Kunming China as the Leader of the Delegation to explore future prospect
of collaborative working in the area of Knowledge Management including Students and Teachers
Exchange Programme between University of Calcutta and Universities in Kunming sponsored by
Chinese Consulate, Kolkata
Membership of Professional Bodies: Acted as UGC Nominee, Subject Expert,
Advisory Member, Evaluator, Moderator, Paper Setter and Member of Many National
and State Level Universities, Colleges and Others Social & Cultural Bodies of National
Members of Various Academic Bodies:
- Empanelled translator and Reviewer Sahitya Akademi and National Book trust.
- Member, Selection Committee, Sahitya Akademi Award for Translations (in Bengali
- Member, Comparative Literature Association of India
- Member Paschimbanga Itihaas Samsad.
- Member, Vasundhara (A Literary Institution of National Repute), New Delhi.
- Member, Board of Studies, Visva-Bharati University
- Member, Board of Studies, Presidency University
- Member, Board of Studies, St. Xaviers’ College, Kolkata
- Member, Board of Studies, Mizoram University.
- Member, Board of Studies, University of Kalyani, Kolkata
- Member, Board of Studies, Burdawan University, Kolkata.
- Member, Board of Studies, Mahatama Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth,
- Former Member, Book Review Committee, Sarvasiksha Mission
- Advisor, Drafting Committee for Hindi Syllabus, West Bengal Secondary &
Higher Secondary Board.
- Member, Academic Committee (Curriculum Framing of 4 year Integrated Programme
of B.A- B.Ed.) WBUTTEPA, Kolkata.
- Former member of West Bengal State Council of Higher Education.
Bengali, Hindi, English, Urdu, Assamese, Dogri & Mizo.